When Sharing Stock Works...and When it Doesn’t
At some point in their growth journey, most private company owners and CEOs wrestle with whether or not they should share stock with some employees. Many assume it’s a necessary step to attract or retain great talent. Others want to reward people who have made contributions to the business over an extended period. However, in either case, many would prefer not to dilute shareholder equity if they can avoid it. They wonder if there are alternatives that would be just as effective. If so, what are they? If these are issues you are facing, you’ll want to view this broadcast.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Key questions you need to answer to know if sharing stock is right for your company.
- The types of stock plans private companies most commonly use and how they work.
- The six alternatives to sharing equity…and when they fit.
- How phantom equity differs from actual stock and when it’s a better alternative.
- How to use an LTIP decision tree to determine the right plan for your organization.
- Why long-term value-sharing matters and how it positively impacts performance when done correctly.