4 Alternatives to Sharing Stock for your LTIP
A Webinar for C-Suite Executives Seeking Higher Employee Performance
How to Share Value without Diluting Equity
As a business leader, at some point you will have to decide if you’re going to share stock. You likely favor the idea of rewarding long-term value creation but don’t like the idea of diluting shareholder equity. So, you wonder if there are other options.
The good news is there are alternatives. View this recording to learn about them—and how they might work for your business.
In this presentation, you will learn:
- Why long-term value-sharing matters.
- How a profit pool works and why so many companies have one.
- When phantom equity is better than sharing real equity.
- What a performance unit plan is used for and who usually participates.
- When giving stock is your best option.
- How to ensure your value sharing plan is “self-financing.”
- How to determine what type of long-term incentive plan is best for your company.
Ken is Senior Vice-President of The VisionLink Advisory Group. He is a frequent speaker and author on rewards strategies and has advised companies for over 30 years regarding executive compensation and benefit issues.